Cyclohexanone Solvent (Cyclo)
Learn about the solvent Cyclohexanone (Cyclo)
What is the solvent Cyclohexanone (Cyclo)?
Cyclohexanone solvent (Cyclo) is an organic solvent that can dissolve well in many organic substances and is used as a raw material for the preparation of other substances. It in its pure state is a clear, colorless, water-insoluble liquid with an odor similar to that of acetone.
Physicochemical properties of the solvent Cyclohexanone
Physical state: Clear, colorless liquid with an odor similar to acetone, also known as mint:
- • Melting temperature: -47 degrees Celsius
- • Melting Point (Boiling Point): 155.65 degrees C
- • Specific gravity: 0.9478 grams/liter
- • Water solubility: 8.6g/100ml (20 degrees Celsius)
- • Flash point: 44 degrees Celsius
Applications of the solvent Cyclohexanone
Cyclohexanone (cyclo) solvents are widely used and mainly in the industry:
- • Packaging industry: Co-solvent for cellulose nitrate in cellophane coatings.
- • Adhesive industry: Used as an additive in PVC adhesives for the purpose of regulating the rate of evaporation.
- • Coating industry: Cyclohexanone is an important and indispensable ingredient in surface coatings to increase resistance to moisture, turbidity, flowability, etc. Besides, this solvent compound is also used for the synthesis of paints and coatings. type of plastic and is an indispensable ingredient in the production of printing ink and PVC.
- • Chemical industry: Cyclohexane is used as a solvent for pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, emulsifiers, catalysts in polyester resin synthesis . At the same time, it is also used as a raw material for the synthesis of organic compounds in the production of compounds such as nylon 6, caprolactam, and adpic.
- • Textile industry: It is an important additive in alkaline solutions and aluminum soap to soak fibers.
- • Leather industry: Cyclohexanone is used as a bleaching agent in tanning to increase color adhesion for colored paints.
- • Rubber production: The solvent is used as a volatile solvent, often used in metallurgy, especially in the electroplating process.
Instructions on how to store
For the solvent Cyclohexanone (Cyclo, old man oil) you need to pay attention to proper storage during use as follows:
- • Store in a cool, covered area
- • Keep away from sources of fire, heat, sunlight
- • Keep away from oxidizing chemicals
- • Close the container tightly when not in use.
Contact us now for direct product consultation
Add 356 Nguyen Binh Khiem, Dong Hai 2 Ward, Hai Phong.
Factory: 1356 Nguyen Binh Khiem, Dong Hai 2 Ward,
Hai An, Hai Phong Hai Phong.
There are no reviews yet.